Monday, August 19, 2013
7 Ideas On How to Practice Patience
Since our focus this month is on patience, we thought it might be helpful to give you 7 ideas of how to practice patience. You have one for every day of the week so no excuses!
1. Pick the LONGEST line at the store and wait patiently for your turn.
2. Give someone a hug but make sure it lasts for 10 seconds. See a post here about the benefits of hugging.
3. Cook a meal… from scratch… and then savor every single bite!
4. Let someone go ahead of you in line at your local coffee shop. I know you NEED your coffee but that’s why this is a practice :).
5. Truly listen to someone and do so without interrupting. When your mind starts to wander towards “When that happened to me…” or “I know someone who…” just stop and remind yourself to listen. No opinions, no feedback, just listen.
6. When you want to give up in class bring your attention to your breath. Start to notice how your inhalations and exhalations sound and feel in the body and plank will be over before you know it!
7. When the chaos assumes in life - like your dog escaping out the front door or your child not being able to find their shoes - when you’re in a HURRY. Stop and take 3 slow, deep breaths before reacting or acting. We promise it will make the situation better.